Google+ The Norris Files: Spring Creek and Girraween National Park Trip

Pages

Spring Creek and Girraween National Park Trip

I headed up to Spring Creek for two days with the intention of giving the Thorn Nomad its first work out on a 62km trip from Spring Creek across the border into NSW and back to Spring Creek via the Condamine River Road. It was not to be though. When I unloaded the bike at Spring Creek I found I had left the quick release through axle for the front wheel at hoem. Ahhhh!

So I chilled out at Spring Creek Cottages the first night with a roaring fire and the next morning after Bev's great breakfast I headed down to Girraween National Park via the old Mt Lindsay Rd. There I climbed up to the first Pyramid (steeper than I thought it would be) with its great views over the National Park. At some stage I will have to go back there and do more walks in the park.

After that it was back to the cottages and dinner at the cafe with pasta cauliflower and mushroom ragu followed by upside down tarte tatin with ice craem and toffee sauce, awseome! The weather was great both days with clear blue skies and cold mornings with the temperature still only around 2 degrees at 7:30 on both mornings. I will have to get back there soon to do the ride on the Nomad.




No comments:

Post a Comment