Google+ The Norris Files: Barossa Valley to Clare Day 8

Pages

Barossa Valley to Clare Day 8


The Clare Valley was only roughly 60km north from where I had been staying at Kapunda but along way I managed a few interesting detours. The small town of Riverton was my first side track off the main route, mainly because it is one of the town located on the Mawson Trail that I would have passed through if I had of been riding. Back on the main road north again Auburn and Leasingham came and went before I turned east towards Mintaro which is a tiny well preserved mid 19th century rural village well known for its slate quarries and distinctive Victorian buildings.

Leaving Mintaro I took the back route into Clare via Sevenhill. Clare is a reasonable sized rural town with a busy main street (complete with shot foxes in the back of utes). The caravan park is located on the outskirts of town in quite pretty surroundings. The main area of the park was very crowded but they found me a powered site in secluded area of the park that is quite nice but a fair hike to the amenities block.

After getting my site sorted for the next few nights I went for a drive on the Spring Gully Loop which is one of the trails of the Riesling Trail that can be driven and led me through vineyards, farms and a conservation park. Then it was back to Clare to buy groceries for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment