Google+ The Norris Files: Rawnsley Park back to Adelaide Day 14

Pages

Rawnsley Park back to Adelaide Day 14


I managed a reasonably early start today for the five plus hour, 450km drive back to Adelaide. I traveled the more direct and less scenic route via Port Augusta and the highway that parallels the Great Australian Bight. The whole trip was not pleasant at all due to the van being blown all over the road in particular along the section of highway the follows the Great Australian bight and is exposed to the crosswinds from the sea. It was a case of tightly gripping the steering wheel and correcting for the wind gusts and hoping they didn't push you across the road into the path of an oncoming car. I think the Hi-Top design of the van made it prone cross winds and feeling 'light' on the road. I doubt I would of experienced the same problem in a road car.

I arrived in Adelaide sometime after 2pm and dropped the camper-van off then caught a cab back to the Adelaide CBD and the Hotel Paringa in Hindlely Street (party central and a gross street). Tomorrow will allow a sleep in before a pm flight back to Brissie.

No comments:

Post a Comment